Missale Romanum 1962
Roman Catholic Books
"The priest has no need for permission from the Apostolic See or from his Ordinary" to celebrate Mass with the 1962 Latin Missal. - Pope Benedict XVI. July 2007
A facsimile reproduction of the 1962 altar Missal for priests -- the most recent Vatican-approved text
Joseph Ratzinger, From Salt of the Earth:
"I am of the opinion, to be sure, that the old rite should be granted much more generously to all those who desire it. It’s impossible to see what could be dangerous or unacceptable about that. A community is calling its very being into question when it suddenly declares that what until now was its holiest and highest possession is strictly forbidden and when it makes the longing for it seem downright indecent."
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Hand-affixed tabbed pages for the Canon in matching Cabra leather
- Gold-gilded pages all round
- Beautiful Belgian line art adorns the text
- Weighs 5 lbs., 11 oz.
- Two-color pages throughout
- Quality Finch vanilla paper, with the Ordinary of the Mass in extra-thick 70-lb. stock
- For maximum protection, shrink-wrapped and custom packaged as they come off the press
- Rich red leather covers, Cabra bonded -- the sturdiest, imported from Germany
Price includes UPS shipping, fully insured.